I mentioned elsewhere on this web site or blog that I restored thinning hair by using a combination of Silva Method Meditations and EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques or meridian tapping, as it is also called).
A reader emailed me and asked for more details about this occurrence. Although it is nothing to do with weight loss, I will include the story here for the benefit of others who may be interested.
A few years ago, my hair thinned out dramatically, on the top of my head. Fearing impending baldness, I visited a dermatologist who diagnosed the condition as female pattern baldness. This is a genetic condition and is prevalent with the women in my family.
The dermatologist prescribed Rogaine, a drug that is sold by prescription in Canada. Daily use of Rogaine restored my hair, but I would have to continue using it for life or the hair would fall out again. I eventually discontinued the drug due to ongoing itchiness, an unpleasant odor and constantly greasy hair. As predicted, my hair once again fell out.
I’m not sure of the precise time frame, but my hair returned within a year of commencing regular tapping and visualizations. That was perhaps two or three years ago now and my hair is still doing fine. In fact, for the first time in my life I have grown it long and am wearing a pony tail.
The woman who contacted me asked for suggestions and help. I am not an expert at restoring hair loss, so I can only tell you what happened to me and how I did it. Others trying this may need to modify the process to suit their own situation.
As for the Silva Method, I learned this bundle of techniques years ago in a real life workshop. If there are live events offered in your area, you could consider attending. Check out Silva International on the web. They have a list of trainers in various locations.
Otherwise, you can purchase the Silva Method course online in the form of DVDs, ebooks, audiofiles and so forth. To restore my hair, I used a Silva technique known as Mirror of the Mind, and I did this “programming” as it is called, two or three times a day.
If that sounds like a huge time investment, it really isn’t. Once you learn how, you can do this while you are riding on the bus, walking on your treadmill or in bed before you go to sleep at night.
Along with regular use of the Silva meditations, I used EFT, otherwise known as meridian tapping. I tapped at least once daily regarding the hair growth or lack thereof.
If you are familiar with tapping, you will have a general idea of how it works.
The issues I tapped on include:
1. My feelings around the hair loss
2. My annoyance with other people who treated it as no big deal. (It was a BIG deal to me!)
3. My belief that the hair loss was genetic and therefore permanent and inevitable
4. My belief that DNA controlled the situation
5. Any situations that made me “want to tear my hair out.”
6. My long time belief that my hair was “not good enough”. Previously, I had disliked my hair, considering it to be too thin, too straight and a mousy brown in color. I tapped on getting rid of this belief and on “liking and loving my hair.”
7. A belief that I would be disloyal to my mother and female cousins if I did not go partially bald as they did.
8. Negative feelings as to how “awful” life would be without hair — dislike of wearing wigs, aversion to wearing bathing caps when swimming, being the butt of unkind comments, etc.
9. My views towards my own femininity and the role that hair played. (Ever hear the old saying that “a woman’s hair is her crowning glory”?).
As I have mentioned, those are the main issues that I considered to be worth tapping about. Other people will certainly have different issues.
The woman who emailed me asked if I still do this tapping and Silva work about my hair.
I’m not sure how to answer that. I no longer tap or do meditation specifically about the hair growth. However, I do tapping and Silva meditations daily for general well being as well as for specific situations. Whether my hair would continue to grow if I discontinued doing these practices, I do not know.
I hope this is helpful to those who may be in the same boat.